New Polo available to order now
New technology and styling, more efficient engines, same great customer offer
The new Polo will be available to order from the 23rd April, with the first cars in the UK arriving in July.
The main changes for the face-lifted super-mini include:
- Technology: new touch-screen infotainment system (second generation of the system in the new Golf) and new driver assistance systems such as Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), which are more commonly seen on higher-segment cars
- Style: new exterior and interior styling includes new bumpers, wheels, lights, dash trim, instrument clusters, upholstery and paint colours such as Mayan blue and Sunset red
- Efficiency: it's up to 23% more efficient compared to the outgoing model because of the new BlueMotion technology engines, including a new 1.0-litre unit available in various power outputs. Other features include stop-start function and battery regeneration
All models have reductions in CO2 emissions of between 14 and 32g/km, meaning road tax will be lower for some variants.
BlueMotion and GTI models won't be available to order until later this year, with customers deliveries expected in 2015.
New Polo- Highlights
- New MIB II Infotainment system and multifunction steering wheel (same as Golf Mk7)
- New safety & Driver Assistance features usually seen in Golf size cars such as Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with front assist and City emergency braking.
- New interiors; upholsteries, dash trims, instrument gauges, leather multifunction steering wheel
- New exterior features; bumpers, headlights, wheels, colours
- New intuitive, connected Infotainment system
- New BlueMotion technology engines; up to 23% more fuel efficient
- New petrol Polo BlueMotion 1.0 TSI 90ps
- New 1.0 three-cylinder petrol engines; 60ps, 75ps, 90ps, 110ps
- Increased power outputs; BlueGT 1.4 TSI ACT engine increases from 140 to 150ps, GTI engine is up weighted to 1.8 TSI 192ps
- The new Polo is available to order from Wednesday 23rd April 2014
- The official brochures and price lists will be available in May
- Production of the new Polo begins in June
- The first UK deliveries will be available from July
The new Volkswagen Polo has more standard fit equipment than the previous models.
This includes Volkswagen's touch-screen infotainment system- featuring a 6.5- inch colour monitor, as well as Bluetooth and USB connectivity- Hill Hold control, DAB radio and an Automatic Post-Collision Braking System to improve safety.
Above the base spec S trim level sits the S A/C grade. Available with the sane 106g/km CO2 1.0 litre three-cylinder petrol unit and five-speed box, this model adds air conditioning to the standard car's competitive list of features.
You can upgrade to the SE trim on top of the S A/C spec, this adds 15-inch 'Lyon' alloy wheels, chrome strips on the front bumper, electric mirrors, remote central locking and a glove box-mounted CD player. Five-door models get electric windows all round, too.
On top of the 60.1 mpg 1.0 petrol, SE trim also gets the choice of a more powerful 75hp unit, as well as a 90hp 1.2-litre TSI turbo engine with the option of a seven-speed DSG automatic - returning 60.1 mpg - and a 75hp 1.4-litre TDI turbodiesel returning 83.1mpg.
SE Design specification is available with the same choice of power units, and adds 'more style', according to Volkswagen.
Volkswagen will launch with a limited time special edition model, the SE Design.
- 16' ''Portago'' anthracite alloy wheels
- Choice of 5 colours
- Black door mirrors
- Gloss black radiator grill
- Front fogs with static cornering
- Tinted rear windows
- Darkened rear taillights
- LED rear license plate lighting
- 'Pyramid' Upholstery in Palladium grey or ceramique
- Front sport seats
- Ceramique door inserts and lower dash
- Ceramique contrast stitching on controls and floor mats
- White footwell lighting
- Aluminium look pedals
- Dark Rhodium heating, vents and radio trim
For more information please contact us.
Durham Tel- 0191 383 2444
Sunderland Tel- 0191 548 0235
Facebook- Pulman Volkswagen