The new Superb was unveiled to the world’s press in Prague last night by ŠKODA CEO Dr Winfried Vahland and Jozef Kabaň, Head of ŠKODA Design (pictured below). The new car is longer and wider than its predecessor, has a larger boot and has more passenger space, yet it is up to 75kg lighter because of weight-saving measures made available by its advanced MQB platform.
Every model in the range will be EU6 emissions compliant and include ŠKODA’s engine stop/start system.
The UK line-up is set to include:
• 1.4 150PS petrol with fuel-saving cylinder deactivation
• 2.0 280PS petrol linked to a sophisticated four-wheel drive system and six-speed direct shift gearbox (DSG)
• 1.6 TDI 120PS with six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG
• 2.0 TDI 150PS with a choice of six-speed manual or six-speed DSG, and optionally four-wheel drive
• 2.0 TDI 190PS with a choice of six-speed manual or six-speed DSG, and optionally four-wheel drive
• Super-efficient GreenLine models will join the line-up at a later date
Touchscreen infotainment systems with satellite navigation, Bluetooth telephone connectivity, DAB digital radio, air-conditioning and a multi-function steering wheel are expected. Safety features will include seven airbags.
Luxury options include 4G connectivity along with switchable dynamic chassis control (DCC), and typically ŠKODA touches include an umbrella in each of the front doors and a removable torch in the boot.
The new Superb makes its full public debut at this year’s Geneva motor show. An estate version will follow later in 2015.
For more information visit www.pulmanskoda.co.uk